Every Wednesday and Sunday, I scour the local grocery ads for the best grocery deals. I make a list and share it with some college students and moms. Thought I’d share it with you, too!
A lot of the items I list are perfect for a Keto or Paleo diet as well as recipes using the on-sale items below. This week shrimp is on sale and avocados! The Keto and Paleo friendly recipe for Hollandaise and Alfredo sauce is below!
I also update the FREE groceries list if you use the Ibotta app. Apps are not usually my thing but I easily save $20 a month and up to $100 with free items or deep discounts on products I normally buy. Just load ’em up, take a pic of your receipt and email it to them.
I’ll post links to coupons as they come out throughout the week on Vegas Kids Zone Facebook page. These printable coupons get snatched up quickly so print them out (twice) before they reach their limit.
Here’s the best coupons to print this week:
- Pirates booty 4oz. or larger $1/1
- SkinnyPop Popcorn, $1/1
You can also get coupon inserts here at the Coupon Addicts & Deal Hunters FB page. And check out Kroger Krazy for hidden deals at Smith’s!
Albertsons and Vons for March 3 Ad Deals
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts .99
- Yoplait .44
- Lucerne 18 count eggs $1.97
- Clementines, 3 lb bag, $2.99, limit 2
- GM Cereal, Nature Valley, Fiber One and
- Betty Crocker fruit snacks, $1.87 – .50/2 here = $1.62 each
- Cheetos, Lay’s, Fritos, Kettle, $1.87
- Shrimp, 16/20 ct., $5.97 (2 lb bag for $11.94)
- Pork loin chops, shoulder steaks and ribs $1.67
- Pringles and Coke (2 ltr) or Life water (700 ml) .99
Smith’s Ad Deals for March 3
- Rockstar .88 (my husband likes these and they are usually $1, so we’ll be stocking up)
- Red or black seedless grapes .88
- Pepsi, Coca Cola or 7 UP 6-pack 16.9 oz bottles, 4/$10
- Hidden Valley ranch pouches, $1/2
- Save .50 on trial and travel size products
- Baby Event – Spend $40 and save $10 and use $3 Pampers and $4/2 Enfamil coupons on card
Buy 5 sale
- Silk, $1.99
- Kraft shredded cheese, $1.99
- Sargento shredded cheese or Balanced Breaks, $1.99
- Goldfish, .99
- Cheez It7 oz, .99
- La Banderita tortillas, 10 ct,, .99
- Mott’s fruit chews, $1.49
- Pop Tarts, $1.49
Download coupons to use 5 times on your Smith’s loyalty card.
Crest toothpaste, $1.99 – $1 coupon on card = .99
Pork spareribs, $1.47
Kellogg’s FAMILY SIZE cereal $1.49
Dreyer’s Ice Cream, $1.99
Kroger Big Bag Tilapia Filets, 2 lb, $5.99
From frozen to fantastic in a few minutes. I love frozen fish in the instant pot, and tilapia is so versatile. I make a Cajun tilapia over fried zucchini and a hollandaise sauce. Or chop tomatoes and basil over the frozen fish on a trivet in the Instant Pot and serve with a light Alfredo sauce.
Blender Keto Hollandaise Sauce
I use a Vitamix but I’ve used a blender as well, just mix until creamy to your taste.
- 3 large egg yolks
- 4 Tbs salted butter or ½ cup ghee, melted
- 3 tsp lemon juice (I like it tart, but a teaspoon is fine. You can also use vinegar or dry white wine to taste.)
- ¼ tsp pepper (I use cayenne or white pepper)
Plop the yolks in the blender, add hot butter slowly through the top of the blender while it is on low. Slowly increase the speed. Add in lemon juice and pepper and give it a good whirl. Scrape down the sides and give it another whirl. Store it in the fridge
Keto Alfredo Sauce
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 cups of grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt, nutmeg and white pepper
Melt the butter in the pan and toss in the garlic for about 2 minutes or just until fragrant. Whisk in the heavy cream and cheese before sprinkling in the Parmesan. Mix until it combines and thickens, about 5 minutes, and then add in spices.
Get kids involved! Little ones can help with preparing the shopping list and big kids can learn how to budget with this grocery shopping game.