Life is Beautiful kicks off downtown on Sept. 17! The 3-day music, arts and culture festival is a great place to hang with kids. Melissa Flaxman, who runs the incredible Future Makers at Fergusons Downtown, broke it down for us! This year, the kidpreneurs who attend classes at Future Makers are helping to paint the shipping containers for the Life is Beautiful festival!
“We are so honored and excited to be in the footprint this year,” Flaxman said.
Here are some of her tips and favorite things to do with kids at the festival:
- Visit all the new murals (if you don’t have a ticket you can catch a lot of the artists in action this weekend around DTLV)
- Going during the day to explore the activations and interactive exhibits
- Kid-friendly food and beverages abound
- Tons of free merch available during the day, if really need a band tee, buy it in advance
- Make a schedule and if you catch a show get there early, stand on the outside of the stage so you can also leave early
- Check out the bands on the Huntridge stage, it’s not crowded, and you can catch acts before they make it big, I have seen @lizzobeeating here and @g_eazy
- Explore explore explore
- Take all the infamous pics
- Check out the bag policies and hook your kids up with their own clear bag containing the essentials
- Sunscreen, hats, hydrate (bring that refillable water bottle and check out the map to find the refill stations)
- Wear your comfiest shoes you will clock more walking miles than you can imagine
- Come to @fergusonsdowntown @marketinthealley @thegatherhouse say “Hi” and see all the cool things your friends there have planned for you!